Broken-down Poetry: I want to please my commanding officer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I want to please my commanding officer.

Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer. II Timothy 2:3f

I realized I do not think enough. It all started last year when I poisened my mind with--oh what's that thing called?--oh yeah, school. I spent the first 2 months of school, the easiest part of the year, gloating over Luke. Then once things got hard I had too much chem/pre-calc/AP english thinking to do that I forgot to really think.

In other words, my blogs got dull. I had no insights because I was overusing my brain. Now I have to remember how TO think. Oh, it's a rather confusing situation. I won't try to explain it anymore.

So back to that verse up there.

I really got hit with that verse the other day. I don't even know why I thought of it. I know why I needed to hear it though.

As a Christian, as a warrior for God, I can't let myself surrender to stupid little "teenage dramas". There's just no place for it. My best example of this was with a darn kid named John Derek. By letting myself crush over him I 1. got distracted by him 2. forgot about finding a worthy guy 3. got jealous because he flirted with 14 year olds just as much as me [I'm 17, by gum!]

And other distractions come up as well.

But it's so not healthy.

For one, I always need to be on guard for my OWN faith, but most importantly OTHERS' faith.

I can't be swayed by every darn good looking boy that comes my way because then the littluns [the jr. highers and underclassmen] will think its okay... and thus the cycle continues. I don't want that.

I want to be a godly example. I want girls to know that you shouldn't "settle." I don't care if it's just a boyfriend, not a husband, girls should be careful who they like. I should be careful who I like.

I'm kind of going off on a rant here. [Mrs. Pickett would be disappointed.]

I better quit while I'm ahead.

Happy Thursday [evening]!

Lauren Deidra

No comments: